When you engage with RAAS (UK) Ltd and provide personal data to us, you gain access to a range of tools and services to assist you in maintaining your business. To seamlessly deliver these resources and benefits, we at times need to share your information across our team – always with a focus on keeping your data secure.
This Data Protection Policy describes the ways in which your company’s data and your staff’s personal data that you provide to RAAS (UK) Ltd is maintained and processed.
By providing your company’s and your staff’s information and data to us, for example by engaging RAAS (UK) Ltd to assist you in the management of your company’s Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems and supporting processes and allowing members of our team access to such Data as is required to assist you and also by registering to access the secure Client Area of our website to obtain the RAAS (UK) Ltd News Letter, or any other information from the site. You are fully aware that we process the data you provide, only on your behalf and you acknowledge and agree that your data may be shared between our team only and only then as and when necessary to undertake our work on your behalf.
For our part RAAS (UK) Ltd and members of its team will not and do not share your company information, your staff members personal information that you provide to us, to other parties without your knowledge and express permission.
It is your responsibility to review and understand this Data Protection Policy prior to providing your company’s information or your staff’s personal data to us. If you do not accept and agree to this Data Protection Policy, please let us know immediately that you wish to terminate your Contract with RAAS (UK) Ltd and refrain from providing such data to us, accessing the RAAS (UK) Ltd website, and/or utilising our products and services.
As our product and services are constantly evolving, our Data Protection Policy may also change from time to time. Whenever there are changes, the modified policy will be posted on the RAAS (UK) Ltd website and you will receive an automated email alerting you the fact that the Policy has changed. This will be sent to the identified contact previously provided to use within your company. Each time there is a change to the Policy, the issue number and date of issue displayed at the bottom right hand side of the policy will also change. Therefore, each time you use our products or services or access our website, you accept and agree to our most current Data Protection Policy and the Terms and Conditions previously supplied to you.
Note: It is your responsibility to be aware of any such changes once these have been posted on the website and the automated email has been sent to your identified contact.
Date 24th May 2018
Information to Support our Data Protection Policy
Use of Information
Your Company’s Data or your staff’s Personal Data may be used in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services to you
- To enhance and improve our products and services to you, for example, by performing internal research, analysing user trends and measuring interest in the services we provide.
- To process payments from you (including, but not limited to, service registration and access fees and payments for any products or services that you choose to purchase from us)
- To process payments to you (including, but not limited to, refunds or reimbursements)
- Internal purposes, such as site and system administration or internal audits and reviews
- To provide access to any restricted parts of the site
- To respond to your requests and enquiries
- To request your participation in surveys, or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our products and services
- To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order)
- From time to time we may provide statistics about the usage levels of our products services (including those available via our website) and other related information to reputable third parties we use to analyse how our products and services are being used, but these statistics will not include information which will allow you to be identified
- We may use the information you provide to us to better understand your needs and requirements, so we can offer products, services and information you might be most interested in.
We will process your Company’s Data or your staff’s Personal Data for the purposes identified above on the following bases:
- Our legitimate interests, which include processing such Data for the purposes of providing and enhancing the provision of our products, services and information, as well as promoting further products, services and information developed by RAAS (UK) Ltd to you;
- Where such processing is necessary to perform our contract with you or to take steps before entering into our contract with you; and
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our contractual agreements.
Unless a longer retention period is required by applicable law, we will retain your information for as long as your Contract remains in place with RAAS (UK) Ltd, as well as for a short additional period afterwards to cover any outstanding issues or queries that may arise in relation to your account (for example, outstanding payments). This period of retention is subject to review and alteration.
Link from our website
Sharing and Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties from time to time under the following circumstances:
- You request or authorise the disclosure of your personal details to a third party.
- The information is disclosed as permitted by applicable law(s) and/or in order to comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order).
- The information is provided to our agents, or service providers who perform support functions on our behalf only.
The identity and categories of third-party service providers may change during the life of your contract with RAAS (UK) Ltd but, depending on your use of our services, it is anticipated that your Company’s Data and that of your staff’s Personal Data will be disclosed to the following categories of third-party service providers who perform functions on our behalf. We require that our third-party service providers only use your Data as necessary to provide the requested services to us and each service provider is subject to the delivery requirements of such services consistent with this Data Protection Policy.
- Hosting providers for the secure storage and transmission of your data held on the RAAS (UK) Ltd website
- Database software providers for the management of the RAAS (UK) Ltd website
- Technology providers who assist in the development and management of our website
- Legal and compliance consultants, such as external legal advisors, or tax consultants working on behalf of our company
Collection of Information Through Cookie Use
The following types of cookies may be used on our site:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for our site to work properly. They are usually only set in response to actions you take such as logging in or completing online forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our site may not function if these cookies are blocked.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enhance the functionality of websites by storing your preferences (such as your preferred language or the region that you are in) and allow us to provide enhanced features on our site such as videos. These cookies may be set by us or by third-party content that we have placed within the pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some of the features on our site may not function properly and you may not receive a personalised experience when visiting the site.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of the site. They help us to understand which pages are visited most frequently and how visitors interact with the site. Any information collected by performance cookies is aggregated and therefore not identifiable. If you do not allow these cookies we will not receive data related to your visits to the site.
- Third-Party Cookies: These cookies may be set through the site by our advertising partners, such as Google. They may be used by these companies to enable them to build a profile of your interests and show relevant advertisements on other sites. These cookies are based on identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience a decrease in the targeted advertisements that you see online.
If you opt in to use the “Remember me” feature, where enabled, on the site, a persistent cookie will be placed on your hard drive and you will not be required to log in for every session. By disabling cookies on your machine or clearing your browsing history you may deactivate the persistent cookie.
All major browsers allow you to block or delete cookies from your system. To learn more about your ability to manage your preferences related to cookies, please consult the privacy features within your browser.
Further information about cookies:
- How to control cookies in your browser on aboutcookies.org
- How to manage your preferences related to targeted advertising
We aim to provide you with relevant and useful information related to your contract with us and our products, services and relevant industry news. You can update your communication preferences at any time by contacting us using the contact information you have been provided with by your RAAS (UK) Ltd contact or by contacting us using the information listed on our website.
As a user of the products, services and website of RAAS (UK) Ltd, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed of the use of your Company’s Data and that of your staff’s Personal Data
- The right to access and/or to require the correction or erasure of such Data
- The right to block and/or object to the processing of such Data
- The right to make a complaint in relation to the processing of your data carried out under this Data Protection Policy.